We are prayerful that the Lord has been sustaining you and your families during this time of quarantine due to COVID-19. This pandemic has certainly presented us all with the opportunity to trust even the more in the sovereignty of God and His complete control over the entire situation. In addition to that, we are also trusting that He will lead us in our planning for safely re-gathering into the church building for in-person worship service.
On Resurrection Sunday – Sunday, April 4th, we will be hosting a drive-in worship service. We invite you to bring chairs and come out near your cars to be a part of the worship time with us. Please note our 6ft social distancing guideline between families with their chairs at the drive-in worship service. Our date for re-gathering into the church building is on Sunday, April 11th.
The COVID-19 response team is working diligently to ensure we are adhering to CDC guidelines and taking all of the necessary precautions to do this as safely as possible. Here is a reminder of our guidelines:
- We are asking those who do not feel comfortable yet to come into the church building on Sunday mornings to utilize one of our online streaming options (Facebook Live, YouTube) or access the sermon archives on our website at www.fbcnewburg.org.
- Those who are planning to attend service will be asked to complete an online registration form to answer pre-screening questions and designate the number of people in your family that are planning to attend. This will ensure we are prepared and stay within the CDC occupancy guidelines. The registration link will be available each week from Sunday 12pm EST to Saturday 12pm EST.
- Masks or face coverings will be required to enter the building and must remain in place throughout the entire service.
- A screening process will occur before entering the building, that will include answering a series of questions to check for possible exposure to the virus and a temperature screen via a touchless thermometer.
- We will ask everyone to maintain 6ft of distance between themselves and others and refrain from all person-to-person contact. This includes but is not limited to handshakes, hugs, kisses, and the passing/touching of other’s belongings.
- The flow of foot traffic throughout the building will be structured in a way that will minimize and/or eliminate the potential to be within 6 feet of others.
- All children under the age of 12 MUST be accompanied by 1 adult at all times when outside the sanctuary.
- There will be a limited number of chairs in the sanctuary and there will be an increased amount of distance between them. However, families of the same household will be permitted to sit together.
- Sunday school, extended care, children’s ministry 3rd Sunday gathering, and any other Sunday morning ministry will not be resuming at this time. We will only hold 11:00 AM corporate worship service.
We are all looking forward to seeing each other again but our safety is the number one priority. We will continue to share more details as they become available. We are asking that you be in prayer for the planning efforts for re-gathering and that as a body we will trust that the Lord will provide all we need to do this safely.
God bless you and your families,
The Forest Baptist COVID-19 Response Team