Greetings Forest Family,
I pray you are well and walking in the grace of the Lord. I want you to know that we love you and miss you dearly, and we look forward to the day we can be together without the current safety protocols and restrictions. I come today to give you an update on where we are as a church in the midst of this pandemic. I’ve said it before but I’ll say it again, these are very challenging times, and this looks to continue into the foreseeable future.
Governor Beshear has announced that most counties within the commonwealth are now in the “red zone” in regards to COVID infections, meaning that are over 25 daily cases per 100k. That rate is 36 per 100k here in Jefferson County. Among other things, our health experts recommend postponing gatherings of any size. After meeting with our COVID response team, because of the Governor’s recommendations and because we want to do our part to help slow the spread of COVID-19 we’ve made the difficult decision of postponing in-person worship at Forest for the month of November.
We do not take this decision lightly. My heart is deeply saddened we’ve had to take these steps but our greatest responsibility is to love you well in considering your safety above all. As the temperatures are falling and more people are doing things indoors, we want to evaluate how COVID cases and infection rates are impacted before making a final decision on when to return to in-person worship. Our desire is to resume in-person gatherings in December but we will continue to monitor the situation
So what does that mean?
- There will be no in-person gatherings on Sunday Morning.
- We encourage you to utilize what you have at home to participate in this month’s Communion Service (You can check our website for recommended items).
- We will need to remain vigilant in staying connected with one another. Call and connect with one another, especially our seniors, sick, and shut-ins. We are in the process of Developing a Member Care & Prayer List for you to use.
- Please help one another view worship services via Facebook, YouTube, and our dial in Zoom option (see our website for details). I want to personally ask that you please continue to worship the Lord in giving of your tithes and offerings.
- I want to also remind you to turn those clocks back as this weekend we observe Daylight Savings.
Again, on behalf of the entire Forest Baptist Church family, we love you, we miss you, we pray that the Lord continues to sustain and protect you.